Click HERE to download the scholarship application!
The application deadline has been extended to Thursday, April 6th 2018!
CMEA is pleased to award up to THREE $1,000.00 scholarships to deserving marketing students. In addition, Vistar will be awarding one $1,000.00 scholarship to any school using Vistar as a vendor for their school store. These scholarships are intended to recognize FOUR graduating seniors for hard work and dedication to their LOCAL DECA chapters. The awards will be presented to students who have demonstrated exceptional participation in and contributions to their LOCAL chapters. Each chapter is eligible to submit one student for consideration each year. Each chapter using Vistar as a vendor for their school store will be eligible to submit two students for consideration.
Scholarship packets must contain the following materials:
- A completed CMEA Scholarship Award Application
- An official high school transcript reflecting course and grade history through the 2016 fall semester. A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s marketing teacher.
- An itemized list summarizing all of the applicant’s involvement and contributions to their local chapter (not to exceed one page).
- Additional documentation (limited to no more than 4 pages) which supports and illustrates your contributions to your LOCAL DECA chapter.
Activities and involvement on the state and/or national levels will not be considered for this scholarship award. Only documentation that illustrates contributions on the local level will be evaluated. You are encouraged to be creative and complete in your efforts to document your contributions.